Once you installed dbt after going through the https://docs.getdbt.com/dbt-cli/install/overview , if still you are getting DBT command not found , these are the things that you may need to check .
- To begin with, make sure you are in the environment where DBT is installed.
- Check if the installation has been done successfully, and where the program dbt.* (I believe it’s dbt.exe) can be found.
- If you’ve found the file, add the directory to the PATH environment variable of your PC.
- Using dbt – version inside the environment, check the dbt version.
- Except for the command – dbt init, which is used to create a project, DBT functions wherever a DBT project has been created. After creating a project there, you can use any DBT command.
- You should be able to start projects and perform relevant commands if you can acquire the DBT version.
- You will directly receive an error asking for profiles.yml if it is not configured. In that case, configure profiles file using DBT manual.
- Even after creating a DBT project, there are a variety of potential causes for issues that need to be addressed; If you can run the command dbt , then all set.
- Set up database credentials in the profiles.yml.
- Eexecute/run dbt init [your project name]
- Run dbt debug in the directory of the project you just created to see whether your database credentials are correct and that dbt can connect to the database.
DBT interview question for experience professionals